FTMTA Award Presented at LIT
The FTMTA Award for Excellence on the Higher Certificate in Engineering In Agricultural Mechanisation was presented to Andrew Connor at the recent conferring ceremony at Limerick Institute of Technology. Andrew is from a farming background in Tubber near Moate, Co. Westmeath and undertook the nine months industry placement which forms part of the course at, FTMTA member firm, Tom Shaw Farm Machinery, Dromoyle, Birr, Co. Offaly.
Andrew began work during the summer in a sales role with Matt Buckley Tractor Spares in Mullingar.
Focus on Credit at FTMTA Conference
There will be a major focus on the area of credit control at the FTMTA national conference, “The Farm Machinery Industry – Room to Improve”, which will be held in Portlaoise on Thursday, November 29th.
The conference will include the national launch of the FTMTA ProDealer Credit Policy which has been developed by the Association with the intention of addressing the long standing issues in our sector around credit control. The adoption of this policy will have immediate benefits for any farm machinery business and will result in improved cash flow and profitability.
The intention of FTMTA is to deliver a conference of value to all who attend as well as providing a valuable networking day for the industry.
The confirmed speakers are:
- Mr. Matt Dempsey, Editor of the Irish Farmers Journal, who will chair the conference
- Mr. Andrew Watson, Managing Director of New Holland UK & RoI
- Mr. Marc Coleman, Leading economic commentator, presenter of Coleman at Large on Newstalk 106 to 108fm and author of a weekly economics column in the Sunday Independent
- Mr. Declan Flood, Chief Executive of Irish Credit Management Training who will speak on implementing the FTMTA ProDealer Credit Policy
- Ms. Amy Brennan of OmniPro Corporate Consultants will look at the critical elements of company law affecting Irish businesses and directors
- Mr. Tony Clear, Agriculture Business Manager with Leica Geosystems for Europe, Middle East and Africa will speak in relation to the ongoing evolution of GPS technology and the new business opportunities that this area presents
The conference is open to all active in the farm machinery industry and further information can be obtained by contacting the FTMTA office on 045 409309 or at firstname.lastname@example.org .The closing date for registration to attend the conference is November 23rd.
Be a part of a stronger farm machinery industry – join the Farm Tractor and Machinery Trade Association – contact FTMTA at 045 409309 or email@example.com for details.