The FTMTA Conference for 2015 will be held in The Heritage Hotel, Killenard, Co. Laois, on Friday, November 20th. The theme of the conference is “Driving Your Business Forward” and a panel of speakers will address topics of topical and practical relevance in the management of a farm machinery business. The aim of the Association is to deliver a conference that will deliver a positive impact in the daily business of all those attending as well as providing a valuable networking day for the membership. The social and networking dimension will be added to greatly by a reception and conference dinner to be held on the evening of the conference and made possible by the generous support of the Irish Farmers Journal. The conference is open to personnel of member firms of FTMTA only.
Confirmed speakers and topics are:
- Leading economic commentator, Jim Power, on the overall economic outlook and the prospects for the agri and farm machinery sectors
- Succession planning within family businesses will be addressed with a focus on the thought process and discussions required within the family to prepare for a successful transition of the business to the next generation.
- Peter Kealy, the former Managing Director of BWG Foods Retail Division which operates the Spar, EuroSpar and Mace brands in Ireland. Peter is now a consultant to the retail sector and will speak to the conference on the lessons learned from a career in retail management.
- William Judge of AGCO who has recently been appointed to the role of Sales Manager for the Massey Ferguson brand in UK and Ireland.
- Customer Relationship Management (CRM) for the farm machinery business. The Association has been working on the development of a farm machinery business environment of the leading CRM system, Salesforce.com .
- The new Bachelor of Science in Agricultural Mechanisation degree program in IT Tralee.
- The positive impact of a good Human Resource Management (HRM) strategy on a business.
- Responsibilities and obligations in the sale and supply of farm machinery.
- A panel of Irish Farmers Journal commodity experts will give their views on the outlook for agricultural markets.
Prior registration is necessary to attend the conference and the booking forms have been issued to FTMTA member firms. The closing date for registration to attend the conference is Friday, November 6th.
For further information please contact the FTMTA office on 045 409309 or at email@example.com
Be a part of a stronger farm machinery industry – join the Farm Tractor and Machinery Trade Association – contact FTMTA at 045 409309 or firstname.lastname@example.org for details.