skip to Main Content

FTMTA News 1st July 2016

General FTMTA News

Registration of Imports

It is a requirement when registering a used, imported tractor or other self propelled machine in Ireland that evidence of the prior registration in another country must be produced. The most common example of this is when a tractor is imported from the UK and either the UK log book or a Certificate of Permanent Export from the Driver and Vehicle Licensing Agency (DVLA) must be produced at an NCTS centre as part of the process to register the tractor in Ireland.

Buyers should be aware that the absence of the necessary documentation may result in a position where it will not be possible to register an imported machine. It is a legal requirement that all tractors in use in this state be registered, irrespective of whether they are in use on the public road or not. If a tractor is not in use on the public road it can be declared as being off the road for the purpose of motor tax.

Be a part of a stronger farm machinery industry – join the Farm Tractor and Machinery Trade Association – contact FTMTA at 045 409309 or for details.


Our Blog

Keep up to date with new product developments, dealer appointments and company updates with the latest news articles

Back To Top